Hopland Hikes: Self-Guided Hikes
Date: December 4, 2021
Time: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Contact: Hannah Bird email@example.com
Sponsor: Hopland Research and Extension Center
Need to get out for a hike? UC Hopland Research and Extension Center (HREC) is offering self guided hikes on selected Saturdays:
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Saturday, December 18, 2021
Saturday, January 1, 2022
Registration online and compliance with all Mendocino County and HREC safety rules are required. Arrival time must be between 9:30am-10am and the hike must be completed by 2pm. Due to our use of guardian dogs, no dogs are allowed. Please read all the information below to review the hike terrain, rules and registration process.
This hike is an out and back route which covers 4 miles, following basic trails well marked by cones, through oak woodlands and rangeland. As you gain elevation you'll enjoy beautiful views across the site. The hike includes some moderately steep sections with a total elevation change of 526ft.
Registering to Hike
Registering to hike can be done in four steps:
1) Review and agree to the hiking rules below.
2) Click this link to register online by 2pm the day before you wish to hike.
3) Review this Visitor Clearance Survey before you travel to hike, you must self certify that you have cleared this survey to begin your hike.
4) You will also be asked to sign a liability waiver at check in.
All hikers must agree to the below terms:
- Review Visitor Clearance Survey prior to arrival, please only travel to hike if you are "cleared" from the results of this survey. You do not need to print this survey, but will be asked to confirm that you are cleared on arrival.
- Adhere to all Mendocino County health order rules.
- Wear masks inside, and outside whenever within 6 feet of another hiking group.
- Adhere to all health & safety instructions and posted signs or other information while present onsite.
- No dogs allowed (due to sheep and guardian dog presence on the property).
- No bathrooms are provided, please hike in the knowledge that there are no public bathrooms available at the site.
- Every member of your party will be asked to sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Leave at least one active cell phone number that the group will monitor while on the hike, at the registration table on arrival for your hike.
- Registration will be open from 9:30-10am on the morning of your hike, you must arrive within this time period.
- Stay on the marked trail – no other trails or roads will be open to hiking.
- Text HREC Staff, when you leave the property. You can also use this number for questions/concerns during your hike. You will be given this cell phone number before your hike date.
- All hikers must have left the property by 2pm, if we have not received a text confirmation that you have left by this time, we will call to check on your location.
- If heavy rain impacts your hike day, please call HREC Staff.
$0-$10 per person, per hike, a sliding scale of payment is available, no-one turned away due to lack of funds.